[Building Sakai] Forbidden access to Membership sites descriptions

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Apr 29 02:08:10 PDT 2013

Hi everybody.

We are experiencing some issues in Membership tool, in the Joinable
Sites list. In a few sites, their extended descriptions (the ones that
are shown when clicking over "More") don't work.  No description is
shown and they launch a 403 Forbidden error.

Estado HTTP 403 - Security exception handling request for view
(/site/6e26dca8-d988-4e75-9f63-1a5f6012d1c6.json), this is typically
caused by the current user not having access to the data requested or
the user not being logged in at all :: message=This site
(/site/6e26dca8-d988-4e75-9f63-1a5f6012d1c6) is not public and is not
accessible for the current user: /user/93284795-b26a-4c13-b4eb-eb174a796ff5

This is happening in our production 2.7.1 and in our test 2.9.1.

I have not seen a pattern here, for most sites description is shown OK,
in others it fails. And sometimes after failing, it goes OK. Also, the
extended description only fails in Membership, it works fine in Site Info.

I wonder if somebody has seen this behaviour before us and could tell us
how to solve it.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.