[Building Sakai] catalina.properties and -Dsakai.app.server=tomcat7

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 16:48:40 PDT 2013

Once 2.10 lands and 2.8 is no longer supported, thus ending Tomcat 5.5, if we still have indies, we can adjust them to make their packaging conform to the new layout.

Though there was a discussion a while back about whether having everything in /lib was a good idea since the Tomcat jars are in there and cleaning tomcat becomes non trivial. It was suggested we have a sakai-lib dir for Sakai jars to live(same as shared/lib now essentially), but IMO that achieves nothing and you still need to adjust tomcat classloader layout which we should avoid.

I would like everything in /lib and just have an undeploy maven mojo so that we can properly undeploy Sakai if we need to clean tomcat. Work has been started in this area, not sure of its current status though.

Cheers
Steve

Sent from my iPhone