[Building Sakai] Critical issue: 'file upload' questions

RAUL SANCHEZ VEGAS raulsv at um.es
Wed Apr 17 02:21:16 PDT 2013

Hi

We have a critical issue with the 'file upload' questions. We have lost
all the uploaded  files from the 'file upload' questions.

This is our sakai.properties configuration where we chosed to upload
student files to the file directory system instead of storing them in
the database.

#samigo.answerUploadRepositoryPath=/tmp/
samigo.sizeThreshold=512
samigo.sizeMax=20480
samigo.saveMediaToDb=false

The default directory where files are stored is /tmp/ as defined on
param: "com.corejsf.UploadFilter.repositoryPath".
Every uploaded file using the 'file upload' questions is stored in a
directory path like:

/tmp/jsf/upload_tmp/assessment81216/question120458/email at domain.es/FileName.ext

The critical issue is that we have lost all files but the directory
paths still exist.  For example, files like 'FileName.ext' have been
lost but the directory paths
(/tmp/jsf/upload_tmp/assessment81216/question120458/email at domain.es/)
are still there.

So, does anyone know why all files has been lost but directories are
still there? Does anyone know if files of 'file upload' questions are
stored in other place like the administrator resources?

I will appreciate a lot if anyone can help us.

Regards