[Building Sakai] Nice error and status pages

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Tue Apr 16 09:40:18 PDT 2013

Bitbucket was down for a little while today.  They are back now.  I just wanted to share a couple screenshots showing a nice way to deal with a situation like that.  The first image is the error page that shows when the server is unable to satisfy the user's request.  That page includes links to the help desk, the bug tracker and a status page.  The second image shows the status page during that outage.  It looks to me like the status page contains an activity feed that under normal operations reports a daily status (an auto feed?) and when problems occur reports status updates (supplied by humans?).