[Building Sakai] 2.9.x / 2.9.x-all Build Failures

Chan Jackson chanmjackson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 19:37:50 PDT 2013

Hello Sakai  Community,

 I am a new Sakai Developer and have successfully followed through setting
up a Sakai development environment. Please bear with me as I am new to
Sakai and learning more as I go. I’ve been encountering build issues as I
have attempted numerous times to build from Sakai source code 2.9.x-all and
2.9.x. To my understanding, any build that contains a “-x” is considered
maintenance and ongoing with fixes. Hence, it isn’t guaranteed to always
build successfully. Therefore, I have went to a more stable version of the
Sakai source code 2.9.1 and have successfully built and deployed to
Tomcat.  Now, I realize that any Sakai build version that doesn’t contain
the postfix “-all” doesn’t contain all the Sakai tools to work with. So I
have attempted to get, build, and deploy version 2.9.1-all and have
encountered similar build issues as I have with the 2.9.x-all and 2.9.x. I
have attached a screen shot of the build error that I similarly get when I
build from 2.9.x-all and need some guidance as to how I can resolve these
build issues. After narrowing down a few build issues, it appears that
there were kernel issues that was preventing me from successfully building.
Is there any specific patches that I need to apply? Any help will be
greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

Chan Jackson | Java Developer Consultant

* *
*American Public University System*
American Military University  |  American Public University
661 S George Street, Charles Town, WV 25414
T 304-885-5260 | M 304-261-2586 |  cjackson at apus.edu | www.apus.edu