[Building Sakai] How Sakai OAE start with Apache-Tomcat or on a server?

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 11 07:47:49 PDT 2013

It really doesn't matter where you put
org.sakaiproject.nakamura.app-1.4.0.jar as long as you have permissions
to actually start it up. Typically, this would be in a service
definition so that it would start up on system boot.  You would connect
to the running app using a browser (or curl) using the port it runs on
(try 8080). Having Jetty embedded in the OAE jar makes it function like
a web server.  Think of it as embedding HTTPD inside of a jar.  SSH
would connect you to the server as a shell command line.

- Mark