[Building Sakai] Binary install of 2.9

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Tue Apr 9 05:02:03 PDT 2013

The binary install instructions from:
   Install Guide - Binary Install (2.9)
   https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=81756281
   last edited by Margaret Wagner on May 23, 2012
say: Install Tomcat 5.5.33

But the instructions at:
   Sakai CLE 2.9 install guide (binary)
   https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=82249313
    last edited by Neal Caidin on Dec 31, 2012
Say:
 Install Tomcat 7.0: we recommend Tomcat 7
 Tomcat 5.5. and earlier is no longer supported

I see that although the Neal version saying T7 is newer it is filed under "archive/Sakai CLE 2.9 install guide (binary)" on Confluence, and the older one saying T5.5 is under "Release Documentation/Binary Install 2.9".

We installed a 2.9 over a 2.8 which was using a tomcat 5.5, it seems to work in most cases, but we are getting some errors on a new webapp in development and wonder if it is because of this tomcat versioning.