[Building Sakai] Announcements "enforceNumberOfDaysInThePastLimit" configuration option

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Thu Sep 27 05:07:55 PDT 2012

Hi everybody.

We are experiencing an issue with the announcements
"enforceNumberOfDaysInThePastLimit" variable.

Currently, in our MyWorkspace's Synoptic Announcements tool, we are
seeing announcements of several years ago, while it is displayed that
only the last 10 days messages will be shown.

It seems that this variable, located in AnnouncementActionState.java, is
false by default so old messages are not parsed in the method wrapList
of AnnouncementAction.java.

We want to set the variable to true, but I am not able to find which
property I must use and where I must configure it. It is not in Sakai
Properties Reference Guide, neither in (my) Google search results.

Please, I need some guidance with this.
Thanks.
--
Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.