[Building Sakai] gradebook and gradebook2 iRubric integration

Jon Gorrono jpgorrono at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 26 17:50:16 PDT 2012

I don't think this is crazy at all, and is just what I think we had in mind.

One thing I wanted to add is that the BLTI version that was targetee for 2.8
includes a mechanism for pushing and updating grades, so perhaps a ws
callback would not be necessary. And, IIRC a grade is a number between
0 and 1 in the spec.

WRT GB2, there are some basic UI components that Ramesh and crew introduced in
their coding and those are good ones in general: a button for updating
grades (via a 'pull' or request for a 'push') for one. And those bits
are also relevant to any other tool supplying grades to the sakai
gradebook (edu-services), so the thought was for GB2 to introduce a
general mechanism for handling those things. And that mechanism would be
(and in simpler cases, perhaps not) the BLTI launch mechanism...

--
Jon Gorrono
PGP Key: 0x5434509D -