[Building Sakai] Turnitin & Assignments (1)

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 26 09:20:55 PDT 2012

We're struggling with Turnitin today.

We just moved to using a later version of the TII API today and this resulted in 700 staff members having TII Instructor accounts created for them (and getting emails stating this).

We think the change in behaviour has happened because the previous TII code submitted everything through one instructor account and the new code allows the submissions to go from the "person setting up the assignment" (ish).

We think accounts were created for users because they are maintainers in sites where somebody had once set up an assignment which uses Turnitin.

Instructor accounts also seem to be created when a new member is added to a site that contains the Assignments tool which has used TII content review. Clicking on the update participants causes the roster to be synced with TII and any new people get accounts generated for them.

Does anybody know anything about this: we would love to know under what circumstances accounts are created.

adam

--
Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, IT Services, University of Oxford.