[Building Sakai] Assignment attachment issue

Vijayarengan Ramanuja Chary ramanuv at muohio.edu
Tue Sep 25 12:05:17 PDT 2012

Hi

One of the file that had the problem is.
access/content/attachment/eb97872d-8062-4aaf-9be4-0610f05a2fff/Assignments%202/dc7df10f-8ef0-41cb-8d76-4a1b60377e4d/%C2%A0Evaluate%20the%20methods%20of%20evaluating%20attachment.docx

When we view the file name in the link or browser address bar it shows a space and name of the file. The URI encode %C2%A0 seems to be non-breaking space, a special character/math symbol (http://www.javascripter.net/faq/mathsymbols.htm)

We had similar problem earlier with varying forms of hyphens in the file names. The user used a special character hyphen which had different ASCII values( NOT the standard ASCII 45) in the file name when uploading the assignment as attachment. When Sakai displayed the standard hyphen(ASCII 45). So when clicked on the link, it gave error saying it could not locate the file.

Please do let us know.

Thanks
Vijay