[Building Sakai] How to add users to project site group using sql insert queries

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Mon Sep 10 11:32:22 PDT 2012

I don't think you are going to find that people here do not want to
help you shoot yourself in the foot.  There are somethings you can get
away with by going right to the database in sakai, core functionality
that Seth references is not one of them.   So if your problem is that
you need to create user, sites, memberships there are existing api's
that will help you with that problem.  So your problem could be fixed
if you'd back up one step, trust us this will save you much pain and
suffering down the line.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Jehan Badshah <jehan.badshah at nu.edu.pk> wrote:
> Thanks for recommendation, but still problem is not solved.
>

> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Seth Theriault <slt at columbia.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM, Jehan Badshah <jehan.badshah at nu.edu.pk>
>> wrote:
>> > SOAP one,
>> >
>> > i will be thankful if you could let me know sql queries of it.
>>
>> I recommend against trying to create users, sites, or memberships by
>> direct SQL INSERTs. The underlying SQL is often complicated and
>> subject to change and/or modification at any time.
>>
>> It is in your best interest to use the provided APIs via the SOAP and
>> REST interfaces or from a Quartz job.
>>
>> Seth
>

> --
>
> Regards
> Jehan Badshah | Sr. Software Engineer & Team Lead
> Sakai Learning and Teaching Environment (SLATE)
> National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences
> A.K. Brohi Road, H-11/4, Islamabad
> UAN: +92 (0)51 - 111 128 128 ext 344

John Bush
602-490-0470