[Building Sakai] problem with Lessons on PDAs

Hedrick Charles hedrick at rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 10 05:33:14 PDT 2012

There's an issue with Lessons. The Comments tool doesn't work in some versions. This problem was introduced when the community moved from RSF 0.7.5 to 0.7.6.

At the moment I recommend using 1.4.x, revision 112070. but changing the main pom.xml file for lessonbuilder, changing the one occurrence of 0.7.6 to 0.7.5.

Note that the binary copy  for 2.8 is not affected by this problem. However if you build for source for 2.8, you'll still want to use revision 112070.

Chuck Severance is working on a portal change to allow the newest code to work properly. I expect that this problem will be fixed in short order.

When I have time later today I plan to make these edits to the 1.4.x source, leaving trunk for testing the real fix.