[Building Sakai] WEBDAV vs. IE downloads

Wheat, Jon jwheat at messiah.edu
Mon Sep 10 07:39:38 PDT 2012

So here's what I've recently discovered (using 2.8.1)
The problem started with IE users not being able to download files from Sakai resources.  I found this issue and added this line to /tomcat/conf/context.xml as the fix specified

 <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.NonLoginAuthenticator" disableProxyCaching="true" securePagesWithPragma="false" />

However with that line in WEBDAV stops working. I remove the line – and WEBDAV works again.

Short of alerting IE users to change browsers, is there a fix where both of these services will work ?

-Jon