[Building Sakai] Customizing Sakai: Excluding Modules

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:02:58 PDT 2012

Hi Axel,

Yes, if you do not want them in your build you can just remove them from the pom so they are not built. However some modules depend on each other so sometimes you need to keep one deployed to satisfy the other. Generally this is just the API though so you can comment out certain sections of each modules pom to stop the tool from deploying, but keep the API, for example.

You can see a very stripped back version here:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//msub/anu.edu.au/services/2.8.x/

Also, some are deployed as binary so check the core-deploy pom also, and comment out the sections you dont need.

You could later remove them from the source completely so the code is a bit smaller.

cheers,
Steve