[Building Sakai] Section Awareness

JOSE MARIANO LUJAN GONZALEZ jmariano at um.es
Wed Sep 5 00:50:52 PDT 2012

El 04/09/2012 20:28, Mark J. Norton escribió:
> I was wondering if the Announcement and Assignment tools are section
> aware.  In other words, can I send out announcements to just members of
> a section in a course?  Can I given assignment to students in one
> section and a different assignment in another?
>
> Clearly, the grade book is section aware, which would imply that
> assignments were, too.
>
> - Mark Norton

Hi Mark,

Yes!! both tools are section aware but you need to make sure that the
permissions are set properly. In both tools, when creating an
announcement or an assignment you have the options:
    - Access
        - Displays this announcement*to selected groups*only.
              - HERE YOU CHOOSE THE SECTIONS YOU WANT.

Good luck!
mariano

José Mariano Luján González - Aula Virtual
Area de Tecnologías de la Información
y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA)
UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA - http://www.um.es