[Building Sakai] package the lessons tools

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Sep 4 09:41:27 PDT 2012

It's possible it could work if tools (like Lessons) did have one addition
level of submenus. If you look at existing implementations (like gmail)
they have submenus that work out pretty good.

[image: Inline image 1]

The submenus are collapsed by default, but can show the full features of
that submenu. They use that on many other tools (like reader). I agree that
complexity should be reduced but I also think that it's beginning to get
too complex as it is. Adding tool categories and submenus would be a
benefit and kind of fit together. It's possible these could be two
different menus. The standard left nav menu of the full list of tools as
defined by the page order (that we have now). And the new left navmenu that
has tools organized by category, and a special tool menu with submenus (for
only specific tools) and categories.