[Building Sakai] Hidding Lesson builder resources and in general hidding resources

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco at samoo.es
Thu Oct 18 01:21:52 PDT 2012

Hi:

I’ve been testing Lesson builder for a customer that wants to create with LB
a path where you see a video, then you need to do an assessment and if you
pass then you can view the subpage with the next video

I’ve used private youtube videos (yes, they are open, but this was a
testing) and I’ve seen that LB creates in resources a folder for each
subpage with the URL to the videos, and these URL are accessible
independently from the result of the assessment. So you can create a subpage
only visible if you pass an assessment but if you go to resources you can
view the link to the next video.

This open again the question about hidden folders with accessible content.
There is a way commented in other mail to allow this creating a private
folder and a folder inside with permissions to view hide content for access.
But this is a trick. We at Samoo have developed time ago a patch to add an
option for a folder to hide it but maintain the resources available to
students.

We will be happy (again because this is not the first time we propose this
and solution is uploaded to this JIRA since March 2012
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-7814  ) to have it included in the
Sakai Official code. I think is a really important feature not solved now.
In this case LB, LB can create the folders with this option enabled or the
“maintain” can manually hide the folders but continuing allowing the users
to access to the content in LB.

This can be useful for many other questions and tools.

We have it developed for 2.7, 2.8 (and March 2012 trunk to be included
) but
obviously this is out of date
 so we will need to update it for 2.9 too and
actual trunk, no problem because the change is not so big, but, we will do
it but only if someone assure us to include it in Sakai, because we don’t
want to waste again our time developing a feature for several versions and
trunk to be ignored.

Why is so difficult to contribute with interesting and desired new features
to the community????!!!!!????!!!!!  Why if we solve a requested feature in
JIRA (following the official way of doing things) uploading the patches to
all the active versions in Sakai this is not included neither discussed.

Sorry for the complain, but this is not the only one think we want to
improve or contribute and is ignored. And I’m totally sure that this feature
is desired because there are a lot of people that ask for it.

 <http://www.samoo.es/> cid:image001.jpg at 01C9F98A.71C74E60

Diego del Blanco Orobitg

Director de Operaciones

 <mailto:diego.delblanco at setival.com> diego.delblanco at samoo.es

Tlf Oficina: 673 803 269

Tlf Móvil - 653 683 489

 <http://www.samoo.es/> www.samoo.es

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/SAMOOeLearning> samooyoutube

De acuerdo con la LSSICE y la LOPD, le comunicamos que sus datos personales
y dirección de correo electrónico forman parte de un fichero automatizado,
cuyo responsable es SETIVAL SCV, siendo la finalidad del fichero el envío de
información de carácter comercial sobre nuestros servicios. Si lo desea
puede ejercer los derechos de oposición, acceso,rectificación y cancelación
de sus datos enviando un mensaje de correo electrónico a
<mailto:setival at setival.com> setival at setival.com indicando en el asunto el
derecho que desea ejercitar. Gracias por su colaboración.