[Building Sakai] A symptom checker which will save user results

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 02:18:20 PDT 2012

Hi Urmila,

You could use a servlet, though thats pretty basic. You can use the Sakai SqlService to get a DB connection, though you'll be writing JDBC.

Most people use a UI layer for their apps like Spring MVC or Wicket or even just JSP (there are others, all with their pros and cons), and then some sort of DB layer underneath like Hibernate or Spring JDBC.
Then you can register your webapp as a Sakai tool.

You probably want to start here:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Sakai+Programmer+Manual

You can generate a working tool using the archetypes:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Sakai+Wicket+Maven+Archetype
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Sakai+Spring+MVC+Maven+Archetype

cheers,
Steve