[Building Sakai] A symptom checker which will save user results

urmila chandra urmila_chandra at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 02:12:16 PDT 2012

Hi All,

We have built a Symtom checker the structure of which is -

First, a screener summary with 6 questions appear
Based on the number of questions selected 'Yes' in the screener summary, there will be subsequent screeners.
For ex. If a, c & e are checked yes, 3 other sets of questions will appear

After user completes all screeners, a result is displayed, based on some logic.

We have used a servlet to implement the above & imported it as a tool in sakai.

Now the question is  - how to store the results for each user & display it elsewhere ?

Is servlet the normal way to build a symtom checker of this sort or is there any other way ?

We could not use a quiz, since we could not find a place to write logic to generate the subsequent sets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Urmila