[Building Sakai] Snapshot repo cleanup

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Oct 10 08:48:49 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Bryan Holladay <holladay at longsight.com> wrote:
> In this specific case, it was a branch from Dashboard 1.0.x which was
> relying on this snapshot but has since been cleaned up and moved from
> sakai-standard-tool to master.

There was also another piece of local code that had a similar
dependency. It has also been cleaned up (by committing changes sitting
around since November 2011!). Everything else in our local build
depends on a tagged version.

Otherwise, I welcome any effort to rationalize and clearly explain the
versioning schemes. The X.Y-SNAPSHOT convention was made a standard in
the monolithic days to afford some stability to the maintenance
branch, while the X.Y.Z-SNAPSHOT convention became standard for
indies. It's clear that we are coming full circle.

Seth