[Building Sakai] CAS: direct url access behaviour

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Oct 10 01:39:48 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I'm starting to put together our end of the year upgrade that includes
switching to CAS. We will be running with both CAS and local login for
guest users. Thanks to Steve's excellent guide (
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/CASifying+Sakai+with+CAS+3
<https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/%7Esteve.swinsburg/CASifying+Sakai+with+CAS+3>)
this was a cinch to setup.

However I do have a question about behaviour. If a user navigates to a
url that requires login (say /portal/site/foo) They are taken straight
to CAS not to the xlogin so there seems to be no way for guests to
login. I have tried setting login.use.xlogin.to.relogin=true to no
affect. Is this expected or did I make a mistake? Is there any way round
this?

Thanks

David