[Building Sakai] gradebook and gradebook2 iRubric integration

Ramesh Sabetiashraf ramesh.sabeti at reazon.com
Tue Oct 9 18:39:25 PDT 2012

We did the Gradebook2 integration slightly differently than the Gradebook
integration.  In GB2, the integration is at the gradebook-item level, i.e.
the instructor clicks on the gradebook item to launch iRubric.  In Gradebook
and Assignment tools, the integration is more granular and is at student +
gradebook-item level, i.e. instructor launches iRubric for each student and
gradebook item.  What level of granularity does Sakai LTI (or Gradebook2)
support?

Also, can LTI support returning the grade back to the user interface, as
opposed to updating the database directly?  That won't be needed for GB2,
but is needed for GB, Assignments, and Assignments 2.

Ramesh