[Building Sakai] Time to locate specific functionality code in the complete Sakai

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 00:24:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

This is the right list to ask questions, so send your environment setup with versions of code/tools and any questions you have.

To completely compile Sakai for the very first time takes a couple of hours since you need to make sure you have the tools, eg maven etc, and then it downloads a lot of dependencies to your local maven repository the first time. After that a recompile should only take a few minutes.

To remove bugs do you mean compile time issues or actual bugs? There is commercial support available if you need assistance, or just post to the list and we may be able to point you in the right direction.

To find the source module for specific functionality, they generally match up with the source code module. You could try grepping for a string of text which can often help. Or just ask here, send a screenshot and we can tell you where that comes from.

One final tip if you are looking to customise, get the 'all' checkout of the source code branch you want to compile.

Cheers,
Steve

Sent from my iPad