[Building Sakai] Install Instruction for KNL-640 with CAS Authentication

Kevin Pittman kevin.pittman at oit.gatech.edu
Mon Nov 26 13:25:33 PST 2012

Hi,

Are there any detailed instructions for installing and implementing KNL-640
(serve content from a separate hostname)?  It's supposed to be built into
Sakai 2.9, so I'd have thought I could find some instructions for it, but
so far I've not come up with anything.

If instructions are attached to the JIRA, then could someone either remove
the security flag from that JIRA since the patch has gone mainstream now,
or else copy the instructions to a page in Confluenece that everyone can
access (and post the link here)?

I'm specifically looking for instructions for deploying on servers that use
CAS for authentication.  Our code developer has created a build of Sakai 2.8
with this patch included, and I've started working with it in our test
environment.  I've tried a lot of configuration tweaks, but I cannot figure
out any way to get it to use different CAS serviceURLs for the main and
content hosts, so whenever one tries to open a piece of content, the initial
CAS authentication on the content host ends up sending the user back to the
main Sakai host.

I'm currently trying to use two different hostnames for the main and content
hosts.  Would it work better to use the same hostname and two different ports?
Or, is it just not going to work with CAS at all without running two different
instances Sakai, each configured with a different CAS serviceURL?

Thank you,
Kevin
Georgia Tech T-Square Application Administrator

Kevin Pittman                              kevin.pittman at oit.gatech.edu