[Building Sakai] Possible NPE in BaseContentService

Evandro Pires Alves evandro at ipb.pt
Mon Nov 26 08:41:37 PST 2012

Hi

I just spotted a possible (it's hitting me) Null Point Exception on
org.sakaiproject.content.impl.BaseContentService.java

I'm running kernel 1.2.8 but I just checked this on trunk and the code
is the same.

On method

      * protected List filterArtifacts(List artifacts, String type,
        String primaryMimeType, String subMimeType, boolean checkPerms)
      * line 9162
      * variable mimeType

we are using it but can be NULL.

I don't know the best approach here, I'm thinking about a patch but it's
still monday :)

Any ideas? Create a bug report on JIRA?