[Building Sakai] Is 2.9 officially released yet?

David Adams da1 at vt.edu
Wed Nov 14 05:48:03 PST 2012

Last Thursday, there was a note that the 2.9.0 release process was underway and would take a few hours. I see there is a sakai-2.9.0 tag (which was not finalized when I first checked it out late last week), and there has been plenty of discussion about the details of what works with 2.9.0 etc. But I haven't seen any announcement, official or otherwise, to indicate the status of the 2.9.0 release. The sakaiproject.org website points to 2.8.2 as the current release.

So, is the 2.9.0 release process complete? Still being verified? Is the code safe to check out and start working with as if it were final, or should we wait? Thanks!
--
David Adams
Director, Learning Systems Integration and Support