[Building Sakai] great talk on elasticsearch

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Tue Nov 13 21:36:49 PST 2012

http://www.elasticsearch.org/videos/2012/06/05/big-data-search-and-analytics.html

Be interested to hear other people's opinions, but what I get is the "user"
data flow he talks about is the one for us.  Swap users for sites and that
is basically what we are doing.  So routing and aliases are the key.  We'd
basically be moving site specific index info into a specific shard, which
would greatly speed up access.  The time flow stuff is perfect for when we
get to using es for logs.

The 2nd half is about analytics.

What is really interesting and relevant based on our OAE experience, is
that they've tried really hard to always avoid ever having to reindex data,
because that is insanely expensive.

--
John Bush
602-490-0470