[Building Sakai] Status of Java 7 and the CLE

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Nov 12 18:53:22 PST 2012

JDK and JVM 7 should be fully supported in Sakai 2.9. I'm not too sure if
any of the QA servers run on Java 7 yet, but I do locally and don't see any
problems. I believe all relevant fixes have been merged.

The build servers still target classes for Java 6, so developers can't use
anything Java 7 specific.

The problem, as you mentioned is it can be hard to get installed,
especially on RHEL and in the past on OSX.