[Building Sakai] Status of Java 7 and the CLE

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:59:46 PST 2012

Hi all,

What's the current status of Java 7 and the CLE?  EOL for Java 6 ends February 2013, it would be good to have Java 7 supported across the board, including 2.8. Other projects seem to be moving towards supporting, even requiring Java 7, and its hard to run two JDKs, so it might be time we just upgrade to 7 for everything.

There is also an OS X package for Oracle JDK 7 - last time we discussed there wasn't one IIRC.

Any known issues from people that are running Java 7 already?

cheers,