[Building Sakai] profile image urls and direct database updates

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Mon Nov 5 13:26:00 PST 2012

I'm trying to update people's profile picture URL's (on my test server) by
directly setting the value of the 'url_main' column in the
profile_images_external_t table.  If I do this, the changes are not
reflected in the profile2 tool.  I imagine hibernate or something is
caching the data somewhere.  But I don't know who might be caching this, or
how.  I've tried shutting down tomcat, updating the database, deleting all
.ser files under tomcat, but still the old values appear in the UI.

So - how can I bulk push a bunch of URL's to the profile2 tool?  Is it
hibernate caching that's biting me?  If so, how can I clear the cache?  If
not hibernate, then what?  How do old values keep coming back after I've
directly updated the database?

R.