[Building Sakai] Samigo problem with valid submissions getting 0 scores

Tom Pennings tom.pennings at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:30:57 PDT 2012

Karen,

Sorry for taking time to get back to you, we are currently working
hard at launching our summer classes.

Using the UI (steps performed to verify described below):
  * For each of the affected students there was a confirmed, recorded
submission with a date, time and auto-scored total score of 0.
  * For each of the affected students none of the answers for the
questions show what was being selected by the student.
  * "Only 1 submission allowed" was set and we were able to confirm
that each of these affected students only had one submission.

Using the database (query described below):
  * For each of the affected students no submitted answers could be
found in the database

Do you have any other suggestions that can help in trying to debug this problem?

Sincerely,
Tom

Steps to confirm no recorded answer:
- Log into Sakai
- Click tab of the affected course
- Click "Test & Quizes"
- Under section "Published Assessments/Final Exam" click "Scores"
- Click the name of the user
- For each of the 14 parts verify that for each question no answer for
the student was submitted

Steps to confirm a single submission:
- Log into Sakai
- Click tab of the affected course
- Click "Test & Quizes"
- Under section "Published Assessments/Final Exam" click "Scores"
- Combo Boxes after "View:" should say "All Sections/Groups" and "All
Submissions"
- Verify that each affected students only appears once

SQL query to look up submissions linked to a particular test by a
particular student:
  select u.user_id,pt.text as pubtext, pa.text as pubanswer,
g.SUBMITTEDDATE as submitteddate
  from sakai_deanza_final.sakai_user as u
  inner join sakai_deanza_final.sam_assessmentgrading_t as g on
(g.AGENTID = u.USER_ID)
  inner join sakai_deanza_final.sam_publishedassessment_t as a on
(a.ID = g.PUBLISHEDASSESSMENTID)
  inner join sakai_deanza_final.sam_itemgrading_t as gi on
(gi.ASSESSMENTGRADINGID = g.ASSESSMENTGRADINGID)
  inner join sakai_deanza_final.sam_publisheditemtext_t as pt on
(pt.ITEMTEXTID = gi.PUBLISHEDITEMTEXTID)
  inner join sakai_deanza_final.sam_publishedanswer_t as pa on
(pa.ANSWERID = gi.PUBLISHEDANSWERID)
  where u.FIRST_NAME = 'Foo' and u.LAST_NAME = 'Bar'
  and a.TITLE = 'Final Exam'
  and g.SUBMITTEDDATE is not null
  and gi.PUBLISHEDANSWERID is not null;