[Building Sakai] Problem with column: answertext, table: sam_itemgrading_t

Jehan Badshah jehan.badshah at nu.edu.pk
Mon May 14 06:16:37 PDT 2012

Dear All

I am using database oracle 9i.

I have problem with column: *answertext*, table: *sam_itemgrading_t*

I can't update its data using query
update  *sam_itemgrading_t*
set  *answertext* =''
where agentid like 'abc'

my sql developer is hanging/halting for endless time.

Even it is halting for some time when I want to see DDL of that table using
sqldeveloper

Problem raised when I took descriptive test of some students, they entered
about 1500 to 3000 characters in CLOB column  *answertext.*
some students test were stucked and they unable to move next question.

following is DDL query

CREATE TABLE "SAM_ITEMGRADING_T"
  (

ANSWERTEXT CLOB
).................
  TABLESPACE "MYTEST" LOB
  (
    "ANSWERTEXT"
  )

  STORE AS
  (
    TABLESPACE "MYTEST" ENABLE STORAGE IN ROW CHUNK 8192 PCTVERSION 10
NOCACHE STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 NEXT 1048576 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL
DEFAULT)
  ) ;

Regards
Jehan Badshah | Sr. Software Engineer & Team Lead
Department of Research & Development
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences
A.K. Brohi Road, H-11/4, Islamabad
UAN: +92 (0)51 - 111 128 128 ext 344