[Building Sakai] Sakai subversion branching question

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue May 8 10:17:41 PDT 2012

I think this answers your question.

I do it all in one commit with svnmucc. [1] The idea with svnmucc is
essentially that it's able to do mutitple svn commands in one commit by
using temp directories. It's just easier. It's included by default in
modern svn packages.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/cle-release/scripts/jenkinsrelease/corerelease.sh

For instance, if I run this on that script
/corerelease.sh
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-2.9.xsakai-2.9.0-b06
sakai-2.9-SNAPSHOT SAK-555

It creates this giganto svnmucc command with like 30 cp commands.

svnmucc -m "Creating tags for next release sakai-2.9.0-b06 SAK-555"  cp
HEAD https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/access/branches/sakai-2.9.x
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/access/tags/sakai-sakai-2.9.0-b06 cp
HEAD https://source.sakaip . . .

The only thing you might have to change this this line
SVNMUCCCPDIRS=`cat $TMPDIR/.externals | grep -v "#" | grep -v "master" |
awk -F"/branches/| " '{printf " cp HEAD %s/branches/%s
%s/tags/%s",$2,$3,$2,"'sakai-$NEXT'"}'`

To actually change the output directory to something else (in this case,
 the awk is just replacing branches to tags)

Let me know if you have any questions and/or if this is what you were
thinking about?

[1]  https://rhubbarb.wordpress.com/2009/04/08/subversion-tools/