[Building Sakai] Sakai subversion branching question

Gross,Christopher ufchrisg at ufl.edu
Tue May 8 10:04:50 PDT 2012

Hello!

I have a subversion question for the list.  When the sakai project subversion team creates a new branch, does each tool's branch get created in its own commit or is there a way to branch them all in one single commit?  The method I am using for our locally maintained sakai code does something different that allows me to do it all in one commit (export trunk, svn add, repeat for each tool, svn commit when done), however since the branches are not created using svn copy, there is no ancestry and thus utilizing subversion's merge features becomes impossible. I am looking to modify how we are using our svn so that I can make use of merge more effectively and if that means I have to do it with one commit per tool then so be it, but I wanted to check with the community first.

Thanks!

-Chris