[Building Sakai] EU Cookie Disclosure

Raad Al-Rawi Raad.Al-Rawi at admin.cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 07:14:16 PDT 2012

That's an interesting point.

We're still cogitating our position, but one of our senior lecturers in Computer Science was of the opinion that the new law is targeted at ad tracking, rather than login services; and that OpenID/Shibb-style services should be exempt because they use non-persistent cookies that are strictly necessary for providing the service.
I don't know if that point applies to the standard Sakai login/other cookies though.

Raad