[Building Sakai] Renaming tools (bad habit)

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 07:55:00 PDT 2012

We have a habit of renaming tools locally, so locally we call the
Evaluations tool Surveys instead. This results in us changing tool
registrations, but also help documentation, this creates a large patch
to the help which often doesn't apply cleanly to newer versions of the
tool.

Has anyone looked at the possibility of having the tool name being
transformed by the help service at runtime, so we can just change our
tool registration and have the help automatically updated?

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services