[Building Sakai] distinct events for Resources and Dropbox (Sitestats)

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Mon Mar 26 07:08:18 PDT 2012

Hi Vijay,

In most cases where this has mattered to us, we just look at the value of the entity-id to determine whether it's a dropbox item or a resource item.  If that won't work for you, it's likely a code change would be needed.  I would suggest the following in that case:

Distinct events could be posted for dropbox items.  Make it configurable with the following possible choices:

1) just post "content.*" events for dropbox items (make this the default, since it is the current behavior)
2) post "content.*" and "dropbox.*" events for dropbox items
3) just post "dropbox.*" events for dropbox items

Make that a property that is set in sakai.properties, and have it be a global setting within the CHS impl. Then whenever an event is posted, the code can check that value and post an event or events.

Jim