[Building Sakai] distinct events for Resources and Dropbox (Sitestats)

Vijaykumar Sadupally UdcsWeb at unisa.ac.za
Fri Mar 23 05:21:29 PDT 2012

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Good day David,
I am Vijay from Unisa.
We are experiencing a problem with Dropbox on Sitestats/statistics tool,there is no distinct event on Dropbox and resources. Both use content tool to generate their events.
We need a way whereby each(Dropbox and Resource) will generate their own event separately.
Currently the operations on Dropbox and Resources generates content.*events. It does not have a distinct events for Resources and Dropbox. Eg, content.* and dropbox.*
This is reported in

Jim Eng made the following comment in Jira:
The problem seems to be that events are posted by the ContentHostingService, and CHS does not care whether the item is in a dropbox or resources collection, as long as permissions are satisfied. Ian suggested that the problem Jean-Francois described could be solved if the Resources tool posted events that distinguished dropbox events from resources events. For example, we might define two new sets of event-ids (e.g. "resource.read", "dropbox.read", "resource.new", "dropbox.new", etc) and when an event occurs within the resources tool or filepicker, the tool could post one of these events. CHS would still post a "content" event. You could then revise SiteStats so it watched the tool-specific events rather than (or in addition to) "content" events.

I am going to start trying to make this change but would like to talk to the current owner of resource tool. I do not see the new owner after Nuno left Sakai. Could you please advice me on the new owner. Thank you

Regards
Vijay