[Building Sakai] programmer's cafe chatroom?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 19 14:11:12 PDT 2012

There never has been any IRC discussion specific to CLE that I know of. I
guess OAE is just a more social project, there's currently more active
development occurring on it or there's more people working on it. :) That
said, many of the people that hang out in that channel probably have past
experience with the CLE so should be able to answer basic questions.

The number of commits against the CLE core mostly peaked around 2009
(2.6/2.7) when the OAE project started [1]. It's has just been bug fixes
and minor features which have been added since then outside of a few tools
in contrib and others that aren't in our repository. Most of the people
still actively working on CLE stay in touch through the weekly release
meeting call (Thursdays 10AM EDT/EST).

I wouldn't think there's any question too basic for the list. I also don't
think there would be enough interest or reason set up a separate channel
with separate logging bots for CLE. But maybe there's more people out there
than I think, and perhaps if they all suddenly piled into #sakai the
current frequent users in there would complain more than I expect. ;)

Back in the past there were certainly a lot more boot camps and training
sessions than there are nowadays.

[1] http://www.ohloh.net/p/sakai