[Building Sakai] Sakai integration with web-based videoconferencing solutions

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco at samoo.es
Mon Mar 12 02:04:07 PDT 2012

We in Samoo have developed the integration between Sakai and Openmeetings,
Adobe Connect (a new version), LifMeetings (Microsoft) and Spontania and we
have it installed in several customers.

I know Universidad Politécnica de Valencia is using it intensively and they
are offering courses with “real” students and “online” students at the same
time (in real time) with some cameras in the classroom and using adobe
connect to make the presentation. So students in their home receive the
video an audio from the teacher, the screen with the powerpoint or the
digital chalkboard and they can ask from home as if they were in the
classroom.  It’s an impressive HW/SW system and the quality is very high.

In the Valencian International University (VIU) that is an online
university, they use Spontania to do the classes. The teacher is in a “lab”
with all he/she needs for the classroom and students are in home. The class
is recorded but the student must assist in live to the 70% of the classes.
So it’s like a traditional university, but online.

The rest of our customers are using it in a more “standar” way (as far as I
know). As they read this list they can explain it better. In the Universidad
Complutense de Madrid we needed to implement a system to free the adobe
meeting rooms because the license is only for a limited number of
simultaneous rooms.

‘Saludos’

 <http://www.samoo.es/> cid:image001.jpg at 01C9F98A.71C74E60

Diego del Blanco Orobitg

Director de Operaciones

diego.delblanco at samoo.es <mailto:diego.delblanco at setival.com>

Tlf Oficina: 673 803 269

Tlf Móvil - 653 683 489

www.samoo.es <http://www.samoo.es/>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/SAMOOeLearning> samooyoutube

De acuerdo con la LSSICE y la LOPD, le comunicamos que sus datos personales
y dirección de correo electrónico forman parte de un fichero automatizado,
cuyo responsable es SETIVAL SCV, siendo la finalidad del fichero el envío de
información de carácter comercial sobre nuestros servicios. Si lo desea
puede ejercer los derechos de oposición, acceso,rectificación y cancelación
de sus datos enviando un mensaje de correo electrónico a
<mailto:setival at setival.com> setival at setival.com indicando en el asunto el
derecho que desea ejercitar. Gracias por su colaboración.

Diego