[Building Sakai] Calls for retrieving permissions on Sites with two words in the siteid don't work

Jesus Federico jesus at blindsidenetworks.com
Tue Mar 6 13:37:03 PST 2012

Hello everyone,

I am dealing with the issue BBB-66 on the bbb-tool (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/BBB-66 )

The problem reported is that the permissions don't show up for some Sites.

Following the report that a fellow sent me time ago, who was able to
reproduce this bug using site names with more than one word, I realized
that the calls to [/direct/site] are not working for this case.

This works
http://192.168.0.189:8080/direct/site/test/userPerms.json

This doesn't work
http://192.168.0.189:8080/direct/site/ Two%20words /userPerms.json

The problem comes up as an exception when creating a "New site" thought the
Sites interface and giving two words as Site Id. I think it could be an
encode/decode problem in the site manager.

Is there a solution or a previous report for this over there?

Thanks

Jesus Federico