[Building Sakai] Removing OSP tools from list of default tools available in course sites and project sites

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Mar 2 08:23:21 PST 2012

Does anyone have an issue with me removing OSP tools from being included in
the default tool list for course and project sites?

Since the OSP tools were first integrated into the CLE, the OSP tools have
been available out-of-the-box as options when creating a course site or
project site.  I would argue that the availability of tools like "Portfolio
Templates", "Styles", and "Forms" are confusing for new users of Sakai.  I
think they should only be available by default when creating a new
portfolio site.  For institutions that *do* want these tools available to
their instructors in course/project sites, they will need to edit the tool
registration XML file.  Any objections?

--Sam