[Building Sakai] tomcat startup hanging w/ sakai trunk

Adam York yorkadam at umich.edu
Mon Jun 25 14:14:07 PDT 2012

I've had issues with the local FCKeditor rendering (separate issue) so I
started with a fresh environment and did a trunk build / deploy.
 Everything is up to date and I've even cleared out my local
.m2/repository...yet I'm still getting some odd errors which prevent the
instance from starting up.

My catalina.out file can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7S7g1DopQuXZVpLLVJsQ283d0U

The last error which causes it to hang:
"2012-06-25 16:43:39,674  INFO pool-2-thread-1
org.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.impl.VendorHbmTransformerImpl
- no vendor specific xsl, returning hbm unchanged"

Has anyone experienced this?

Code base:  https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/trunk
deployed w/ tomcat7 settings:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Install+Tomcat+7