[Building Sakai] Search help

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 05:46:04 PDT 2012

Are there really that few tools using the current apis? If that's so, then
great, a re envisioning of the apis should be done. We should have an idea
though of how many tools do use the current apis; if it's good few then
we'll still have to maintain the current api, maybe as a legacy layer that
we can dump later on. A legacy lib will also still be a good idea if a tool
wants to run on old kernels without branching.

Perhaps modify SRCH-89 so it becomes a proxy onto the new interface coming
out of KNL-936? Everything still works then, in theory.

Cheers again,
Adrian.