[Building Sakai] Search help

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Sat Jun 23 05:32:17 PDT 2012

The APIs will be in kernel for sure since search needs to be a core
part of the system (IMO).
The impls though... probably not. And you are on the right track but I
think we need to replace the current search APIs as part of this
effort. Implementing under the current ones would be very difficult
and considering the small number of things actually using the current
APIs it is easier to remake the APIs and reimplement than to try
shoehorn solr and elastisearch under them.

:-)
-AZ