[Building Sakai] Dashboard trunk is back

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Fri Jun 22 14:42:40 PDT 2012

Sorry for the delay.  My final changes to dashboard trunk (for today) have been checked in.

There are now two jars that function as APIs for dashboard:

dashboard-api
dashboard-app

Everything needed to add entities to the dashboard is in the dashboard-api jar (as before) and other things have been moved to the dashboard-app jar.  The "EntityType" interface has a new name to avoid confusion about its purpose.  It is now called "DashboardEntityInfo".  Other than that name change, existing implementations should work as before.

A lot changed in the service layer to support this separation and to clean up parts of the code.  It will require more testing over the next few days to verify that no regressions were introduced.  Once verified, these changes will be included in the 1.0.2 tag (when it is ready).

Thanks.

Jim