[Building Sakai] Restoring large Database Backup to Sakai

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Wed Jun 20 08:53:17 PDT 2012

On 06/20/2012 06:23 AM, Amy wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Good day!
>
> I would like to check has anybody experience any trouble restoring large
> database backup  in Sakai?
>
> Our backup is around 10GB and every time we restore it,  it just does
> not work. Also there is no error message that comes  out.
>
> If anyone could help,  do let me know.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Amy,

We use Oracle, but some of this may be cross-platform advice. We
specifically omit the SAKAI_SESSION and SAKAI_EVENT tables if we're only
doing functional testing using the restored copy. We're now considering
omitting some of the SST_ tables as well. After the restore, we just go
and re-create these tables as empty before starting tomcat.

Are you restoring something because you lost the production copy, or is
this just for test/dev, or some other purpose? And as David asked,
telling us a little about your database setup might help folks here
advise you.

Cheers,
--
Martin B. Smith