[Building Sakai] Sakai LMS - SIS Integration (Sakora Project)

Jaco Gillman jaco at opencollab.co.za
Tue Jun 19 04:49:14 PDT 2012

Hi All

We are busy setting up a Sakai instance and want to do integration with an
existing SIS. I found the Sakora Project documentation online
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/IMSES/Simple+Sakai+SIS+Services#SimpleSakaiSISServices-SAKORA
.

   - We have installed Sakai 2.8.2. Which svn checkout must I use for this
   Sakai installation:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/unicon/sakora-csv/trunk
OR
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/unicon/sakora-csv/tags/sakora-csv-1.5
OR any other?

   - In the online documentation, Enrollment Sets and Section Meetings
   processing was mentioned as broken. Aren't Enrollment Sets required for CM
   setup?

   - "Enterprise ID". (SIS-defined primary key)... Is this key in any way
   related to the EID in SAKAI?

   - People (File Name: people.csv): Documentation says: "Creates or
   updates local Sakai accounts. Not necessary if sourcing user attributes
   from an external provider, e.g. LDAP." We do use LDAP for authentication,
   but for the initial import/creating of SIS users into Sakai, I guess this
   file is necessary?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

*Jaco Gillman***

Java Developer

opencollab

*Tel*: +27 21 970 4017  |  *Fax*:* *+27 21 914 3098**

*Email*: jaco at opencollab.co.za  |  *Skype*: gillmanjc

*Web*: www.opencollab.co.za