[Building Sakai] roster photos in 2.8.1

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Jun 19 00:15:57 PDT 2012

Hi, Adrian.

I'm using the Roster and Profile2 tools included in sakai2.9.x-all.

I have been given an explanation for this behaviour. Though Profile2
allows to change between uploaded and official photo (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PRFL-90 ), at this moment Roster
tool only can use the selected one (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PRFL-409 ).

I think that there are people working on it, so I will track that JIRA.

Thanks and best regards.

Adrian Fish escribió:
> Are we talking about roster2 and profile2 here, or the out of the box
> roster tool? There are differences in the way the two tools work;
> Roster2 defers to Profile2's privacy settings and this affects official
> photos. Can you give me the steps to reproduce the symptoms?
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian.
>
> On 15/06/2012 07:51, Daniel Merino wrote:
>
>> Hi, Ron.
>>
>> I have a very similar issue with Sakai 2.9.x and this issue has happened
>> to others in the past, as it can be seen at this JIRA (
>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PRFL-90?focusedCommentId=101997&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-101997
>> )
>>
>> With these properties:
>>
>> profile2.picture.type=url/upload
>> profile2.official.image.enabled=true
>> profile2.official.image.source=url
>> profile2.official.image.attribute=jpegPhoto
>>
>> and the URL added at PROFILE_IMAGES_OFFICIAL_T, I can switch between
>> official and uploaded photos at Profile2 preferences, but Roster only
>> shows the uploaded one.
>>
>> In fact, when I switch to official photo at Profile2, Roster doesn't
>> show any photo at all.
>>
>> I don't know if it is needed an extra configuration to make Roster works
>> with official photos, but it seems that others have them in Roster with
>> no problem.
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
>> Ron Peterson escribió:
>>
>>> I'm trying to use url's to official photos instead, but those don't
>>> show up either.  I've inserted a record for my profile like:
>>>
>>> insert into profile_images_official_t ( user_uuid, url ) values (
>>> 'my_uuid', 'https://aserver.mtholyoke.edu/pictures/me.jpg' );
>>>
>>> I have configured sakai.properties like:
>>>
>>> profile.manager.integration.bean=org.sakaiproject.profile2.legacy.ProfileManager
>>> profile2.picture.change.enabled=false
>>> profile2.privacy.change.enabled=true
>>> profile2.picture.type=official
>>> profile2.official.image.enabled=true
>>> profile2.official.image.source=url
>>>
>>> After restarting tomcat, I still see no official photo for my profile
>>> when I select 'Use University Id Picture' on my profile page.  Also,
>>> even though have profile2.picture.change.enabled=false, I still have
>>> the option to either display 'None', 'Use University Id Picture', or
>>> 'Use Picture URL' in my profile page.  That doesn't seem right either.
>>>
>>> What might I be doing wrong here?
>>>
>>> -Ron-
>>>

>>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Ron Peterson<rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
>>> <mailto:rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu>>  wrote:
>>>
>>>      I'm having trouble w/ roster photos using the new profile2 setup
>>>      in 2.8.  I have jpegPhoto in my ldap records, and I'm mapping this
>>>      attribute in jldap-beans.xml
>>>
>>>          <bean id="edu.amc.sakai.user.LdapAttributeMapper"
>>>                  class="edu.amc.sakai.user.SimpleLdapAttributeMapper"
>>>                  init-method="init"
>>>                  singleton="true">
>>>
>>>            <property name="attributeMappings">
>>>              <map>
>>>              </map>
>>>            </property>
>>>
>>>      My sakai.properties files contains:
>>>
>>>      profile.manager.integration.bean=org.sakaiproject.profile2.legacy.ProfileManager
>>>

>>>      profile2.official.image.enabled=true
>>>

>>>      profile2.official.image.source=provider
>>>

>>>      profile2.official.image.attribute=jpegPhoto
>>>
>>>      My rosters still show empty photos (No Official Photo is
>>>      Available)  however.  What am I missing?
>>>
>>>      -Ron-

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Es una increible estafa creer algo ahora a cambio de algo despues de la
muerte. Ni siquiera las grandes empresas intentan que sus bonificaciones
por objetivos sean postumas. (Gloria Steinem)